crumpart

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I haven't been slack this week, really.

A week ago today I had my interview for the 2005 admissions to the Fine Art course at VCA. It was rather frightening and I don't really know how I went, as the panel of interviewers try their damndest (is that a word?) to give no indication of their feelings whatsoever. I'll find out in a couple of weeks. Since then, I've been winding down and doing a bit more work.


Here's the latest on The Embroidery, which I really should have progressed further on...





I also finished knitting my Very First Jumper (jumper = sweater for those of you who are confused). It's a top down raglan knit entirely in the round, therefore being completely seamless! Woot! I measured up a jumper I had, measured up my guage, did all the maths and started knitting away. The yarn is Four Seasons 'Zebra', which I bought on sale for $0.99 a ball. I think I only used about eight balls, so I got an ace jumper for cheap! Yay!





I've also been knitting a scarf on the tram... but forgot to take a photo of it. So, later. But now, here's a nudie painting warning...!






















Okay, here are the two paintings I've been working on for the Linden postcard show:





That's it for now -- I have to head to my life drawing class, but I promise to post more this coming week than I did in the one just gone...

3 Comments:

At 30 November 2004 at 5:12 pm, Blogger random milk said...

woot!
the embroidery is looking great... so is the jumper..
you work on that model pose for long?
heh..
i'll have to bring the klym round to check it out in the flesh (or fibre)... yay!

 
At 30 November 2004 at 9:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Crumpet, Gadgetgirl from Glitter here.
I just found your blog. Man that portrait you are working on is bloody AMAZING! You are just so talented. Have a great day (stay cool!!) I'll be back.
-gg

 
At 30 November 2004 at 11:55 pm, Blogger crumpart said...

Hey Giz, what's yr new email address? We need to invite you and Kym over for dinner and a movie. :) I don't have the email you sent anymore...

About the nudie poses, the original drawings were probably 20 minutes. I re-drew them for the paintings though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home