crumpart

Friday, November 12, 2004

Of boobholders and embroidery

I figured since I have a blog now, I may as well post something in it. So here are a few things I've been working on lately...



Some Christmas gift facecloths for my grandma, knitted in Heirloom cotton yarn using a pattern from the Dishcloth Boutique.



The boobholder I made to wear to work. It turned out a little big, but I remedied this by threading a ribbon through the eyelot holes I made all around the bottom, and lacing it up tight instead of using a button. So far I've had fantastic comments every time I've worn it, and the ribbon has been what people like the most, which is kind of amusing. :) I nearly ruined this top completely when watching the Australian election. I was getting rather angry and made a big stuff-up that I didn't know how to fix, but thankfully Kym's mum did know. Thanks for that. :)



I plan to enter some artworks into the Linden Gallery Postcard competition this year. I stretched these canvases yesterday. My dropsheet was the pattern I drew up for a jumper I'm knitting -- the body is done and I'm about a third of the way through the sleeves, so it should be done soon. Yay! Anyway, I don't know what I'm going to paint on the canvasses yet. Perhaps something inspired by the life drawing classes I've been taking.



I do know I want to enter this though.



Hopefully the person/people in the original photo won't mind. I wanted to get a start on it before I asked them, just incase it turned out crap, but I'm liking it so far. :)



Anyway, that's it for now, as I really should go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home