crumpart

Thursday, December 30, 2004

I <3 Stitch'n'Bitch Nation

Here's is my Basic Cable -- I made it for my dad for Christmas. Except he doesn't have it yet...

I used a different yarn than the pattern calls for (I got it for free from my mother... I think she bought it in 1983 to make a jumper that never got finished for my little brother!) I also added an extra six rows of ribbing at the bottom so I could have a folded-up brim, and added an extra round of the cable pattern before starting the decreases to make the hat longer.

1 Comments:

At 7 February 2005 at 2:27 pm, Blogger Megh said...

Alright, I'm all new to this whole cable knit thing, and I've been surfing the net FOREVER looking for a really cute cable knit hat for my friends birthday, but A: none of them were as cute as yours and B: none of them ever give patterns so I don't even know where to start for a pattern.

Could I possibly get a pattern from you??? I would really appreciate that! Thanks

Megh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home