crumpart

Monday, January 24, 2005

Exhaustion

Today was the big day. I finally handed in my four entries for the Linden Postcard Show. Of course, my final entry didn't get completed until 3pm, at which point I had to stretch it over a canvas frame then secure hanging devices on the back of each piece. So at 4pm, I headed out the door and to the tram stop.

I took a few more photos before I left though:

Here is I Hart Wayne in her frame:



Someone from Craftster also asked to see some close-up shots of the stitching, so here they are:









And as if that wasn't enough pictures in one post, here's another -- the piece I completed today, called (No) Threads It's a stencil and embroidery on linen. Be warned, it's also a very nude man, hence the buffer space...





















And that is all. I fly to Darwin at 7:10am tomorrow morning, so to compound my current state of exhaustion, I have to get up at some ungodly hour to get to the airport on time. And I still have to make two bags before I go, and finish packing. Oh joy. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 1 February 2005 at 12:02 am, Blogger Amy said...

Good luck, indeed! I just love your work. I bet you are exhausted. Congratulations on creating such a wonderful & inspiring piece of art.

xoxo
Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home