crumpart

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Deja vu.

Oh no! Korangar has picked up his blogging game and has been posting far more often than me... it can't be! It's just not fair that I have a crappy internet connection up here (at home at least, and not much time to get online with the decent connection at school), endlessly frustrating me with its excessive slowness.

I don't have any photos to post yet either. I had a spat with my Vest Dressed Girl creation from the last post, and we decided not to communicate for a while. In the meantime, I started a striped Boobholder, then decided to use up some more of my yarn by cardigan-ising it. I'm almost done and it's very exciting. Hopefully it will look as awesome and smashing as I'm imagining it. I'm using yarn that I bought for $1 a ball a while back (yes, I bought far more than I needed...) to make Mr Crumpet (aka Korangar, aka Squozen, aka Toshiro) the Hot Head hat from Stitch 'n' Bitch, along with some fuzzy purple mohair/sparkle concoction. So, purple, forest green, navy, maroon, black and brown. Tasty.

I wish I did have a particular photo to post. It would be along the lines of this one, taken when I was living here in 2003:



Substitute a baby joey named Lucky in my hands, instead of the baby crocodile, and you'll be there. So. Cute. Our neighbours rescued him from his dead mother's pouch, and have been raising him. I desperately, desperately, desperately need to take a photo before I head back home.

On the theme of repeated events, I had another one last night when a creepy crawly entered my room. While I was barefoot and about to go to bed. Except it wasn't nasty, nasty cockroaches this time. It was a giant humungous black spider that I think crawled out of the air-conditioning unit when I turned it on. Exactly what you want to discover before going to sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home