crumpart

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Mucho rebirth...

I've had a busy time this week. Mostly due to being called by work every. single. day. though than actually accomplishing much. I thought I was "casual", not "on call", but what can you do...

I have managed to get a few bits and pieces done -- I needed to in order to stay sane...

First up, I've finally taken photos of my booty from the Joss Whedon swap on Craftster -- yay! I got a groovy Firefly bag and some very fun Firefly magnets that are now living on my fridge. :)







Next up I finished a hat that I originally made for myself. I wore it a few times before I realised it looked awful. Anyway, it had some eyelet patterning around the edges, so I threaded through some pretty ribbon and yarn, and attached a pompom to the top. I'm giving it to my niece for her birthday, so hopefully it will fit okay and she won't hate it.



I also had some fun making a little doily to sit under my African Violet in the bathroom. It used to sit on a skanky face-washer, so this is a damn sight better. It felt a little strange knitting a lace pattern just for it to be covered up, but I wanted to have some fun. The yarn is some Katia Idea Jeans that I bought in December 2003 when I was first learning to knit, and it has such a beautiful sheen. I used the spiderweb pattern stitch from SnBN coupled with some dropped YOs to make it look all purty. I also knit it in two pieces as a grafting challenge for myself. I don't really know if I did it properly, but it's staying together and that's the main thing. :)

Here it is on its lonesome:



And here it is in its new home. Note the pretty origami flutterby on the violet, and also the Jesus cyclamen (it rose from the dead too...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home